Hey, chef! What’s cookin’ today?
We know you have tonnes of responsibilities, deciding menus, running the kitchen, overseeing everything and what not!
It is a fulfilling role, no doubt and the amount of respect you garner is incalculable!
There are so many people looking up to you! Looking up to be just like you, someday. Thousands of mentees would queue up around you to learn from you!
And, what’s knowledge if not shared?!
The best way to impart the GOLDMINE of knowledge that you hold to an audience willing to learn from you is through workshops and courses!
And that’s where we step in! We provide you with the simplest and the easiest platform to build workshops and courses on! As a Professional Chef, you have so much to offer!
But before we delve deeper into that aspect, let’s first do a quick recce of how a professional chef like you monetising and the scope it presents!
Not only a basic necessity but food is also a lifestyle choice. In this digital age, food is not only being made globally by creators, chefs and commoners, but the process of making it and plating and consuming it is also one of the top watched genres by aficionados!
Why is food content booming?
- For times immemorial, the food media industry has been flourishing. It is much more than entertainment and enjoyment.
- Humans share a complex relationship with food, and its representation takes the form of addiction, the key emotion being – one cannot get enough of it.
- Many modern researches indicate it being a by-product of modern media culture and a symbol of cosmopolitan ideals.
- The boom of electronic devices, web content, and information and communication technology have somewhat colonised the food niche in the past few years. Not only that, but overall media content has undergone a significant shift.
How BIG is the Food niche?
Here are some more facts!
- About 72 countries have culinary integration with foreign cuisine.
- #food is also a very common and popular tag on various social media platforms.
- According to a study conducted in Bengaluru in 2021, about 34.7% people responded that they consume food media frequently, about 40.8% said occasionally, around 11.7% said they consume food media all the time.
- According to the same study, 88% of people believed it to be true that there’s been an increase in the number of productions related to food and culinary.
- A colossal 61.3% of the people agreed that the consumption of food-related content has increased multi-fold over the years. The viewership also has grown immensely over the years.
Why do people “consume” Food Media?
How many Chefs are making content?
How are Professional Chefs monetising?
Food reviews and blogging
Due to the credibility that chefs have in their domain, they regularly post food reviews on social media. Chefs even maintain their blogs on blogging websites or even micro-blog on Facebook and Instagram. This leads to monetisation at a later stage where they are requested to post paid reviews and produce paid content for a certain hospitality group or brand. Chefs also contribute to media publications as columnists and get paid to share their expertise.
One of the most traditional ways of monetising their craft amongst professional chefs is by penning down their own recipe books. Celebrity chefs, especially, take this route and are approached by publication houses for book deals.
Cooking for orders
Pandemic saw the rise of home chefs and home-kitchen and even cloud kitchens. Thousands of professional chefs launched their own ventures and started accepting personal orders for catering for events. There is a huge market for chefs catering for corporate events and even taking private orders through social media.
Brands often approach esteemed chefs for native advertising. Chefs with a strong community often get paid collaboration opportunities with brands. They produce audio-visual or sometimes static content for the brands. Under various regulatory bodies, the chefs have to either add a paid partnership tag on posts or announce in the beginning of a video or podcast that it is a branded deal.
The TagMango Way: Workshops & Courses
One of the easiest and simplest ways in which chefs can monetise their skill-set is by hosting live or pre-recorded workshops or courses on TagMango – a SaaS platform enabling Creator Monetisation. About 100+ professional chefs have chosen TagMango to add a sustainable source of income.
What Topics are HOT right now?
What Topics can a Professional Chef like you make content on?
These are just some examples:
- Puff Pastry course
- Entremet making
- Macaron making
- Different types of vegan salad
- Different types of dips
- How to make the perfect sourdough
- Chocolate ganache making
- Plating like a pro
- Cooking Etiquettes Chefs should follow
- How to cook like a Pro
- Kitchen Hacks taught in top Hospitality schools
Why is TagMango the best place for Chef creators?
How can you become a Creator on TagMango?
Easy! Simply sign up on the platform, and start creating workshops and courses.
- It takes 120 seconds to create a workshop
- A few minutes to build customised landing pages
- A few minutes to build pre-recorded courses complete with sections, chapters and resources.
We have created a robust product that will help you launch and better sell your offering/s.
Our top features are:
- Integrated Chat System and Video Calling Feature – Creators can interact with their subscribers via chat or a group video call and even promote peer-to-peer communication, right in the platform itself.
- Unique Upsell Feature – Create upsells, add discounts and sell premium offerings during live workshops! Subscribers can buy it directly on the call without toggling windows.
- Marketing Tools – With our Marketing section, a Creator can launch various Email and WhatsApp campaigns, offer discounts through coupon codes and manage the generated leads.
- One-click payment feature – Creators can directly withdraw their earnings with a single click. No hassles!
What we are building is a shop for Creators to host their live, pre-recorded workshops and courses. You have full control over what you create, what you sell and even when you can withdraw their earnings. The platform also enables you to have a bird’s eye view and in-depth view of your offerings, earnings, profile visits, and a lot more.
So what are you waiting for?
Start your monetisation journey the TagMango way! Sign Up!
Think Monetisation, Think TagMango!
Written by Rachna Srivastava