Breaking Down the Creator Economy, Creator's Corner
Here’s How A Sketch Artist Can Sell Workshops & Courses On TagMango
What’s sketchin’? As a Sketch artist, we’re sure you’re busy shading, bringing those silhouettes to life, smudging or simply staring down at a blank piece of paper and envisioning your next sketch!
Well, here’s some food for thought for you! You know you have kick-ass skills as a sketch artist. But did you know these can be monetised? Yep!
Your love and passion for sketching can turn into a sustainable source of income! And we have the perfect shade of monetisation – workshops and courses!
There are so many people out there who want to learn how to sketch, and they would surely wanna learn from you!
So sharpen your graphite and charcoal pencils and let’s show you how!
But before that, let’s take a brief account of what’s happening in the world of art and how a sketch artist typically monetises, plus, what topics to start making content on!
Art in a post-pandemic world:
How is a sketch artist typically monetising?
The Traditional way:
Drawbacks of the traditional value chain:
This traditional approach seldom works for all sketch artists.
- This approach of monetising takes longer to achieve desired sales
- This usually works well for established sketch artists who already have acquired success and made quite a name for themselves.
- The number of artworks finally reaching the galleries is reduced considerably over a period of time.
All this calls for newer approaches and creative ways for artists to make money.
The modern way of monetising for a sketch artist:
Selling on Instagram
Instagram has become a sanctum for a sketch artist. Artists can easily showcase their artworks and reach their audiences through posts and Reels.
They can sell directly to the end user globally, thereby eliminating the need for middlemen and additional commissions.
The only drawback of selling on Instagram is that it doesn’t lead to results in a jiffy. If the sketch artist’s followers base is not very strong, conversion to sales will take time. Plus, one has to constantly create engaging content, and chase trends to stay relevant.
Applying for grants and competitions
Another way a sketch artist can make money is by applying for grants at international programs, NGOs, local communities, and more. Sometimes the grant money is quite substantial and offers great recognition to the selected artist/s.
There are many online and offline competitions and contests an artist can participate in.
The major downside of this form of income is that it is not constant or reliable.
Selling other merchandise with your art
In one of the most practical and low-investment set-ups, a sketch artist can put their artwork on tangible products and make money. Like souvenirs, canvas, bags, bottles, flasks, coasters, miniature art, jewellery, tables, 2D and 3D models, portraits, personalised gifts, and more.
Work on a commission-basis for original artwork
This is the way modern sketch artist is creating original artwork like paintings, miniature art, portraits, realistic drawings, artworks, and more.
This works quite well for both online and offline. One can easily highlight that their work is on a commission basis and create original content. People value original artwork.
The hassle of this method is the artist has to deal with customers directly, which may or may be a pleasant experience every time.
Pop-up selling at art fair, conventions or festivals or exhibitions
Art melas or fairs and conventions or exhibitions are quite popular and attract huge crowds. Artists can book and set up stalls and sell their handcrafted and produced artworks and crafts in person.
This is a great way for customers to see the value of artistic creation in person.
It can become physically taxing as it requires artists to be present behind the stall and constantly interact and entertain customers. And if fair or convention doesn’t get the required footfalls, the chances of selling become considerably low.
The TagMango Way: Workshops and Courses
Another great way to monetise your sketching skills as a sketch artist is by conducting workshops! TagMango has become a growing hub for sketch artists, illustrators, and more. These creators have been using TagMango to create diverse workshops covering different types of art. Sketch Art is our top-grossing category!
How much does an Art Creator make on TagMango?
What Topics are hot right now and a sketch artist can make content on?
Pretty much about everything! But to get you started, here are some examples.
- Basics of Sketching
- How to make money as a Sketch Artist?
- Portraits: How to get started
- Advanced Portraits: How to get started
- Pencil Sketching
- Illustrations on Canvas: Basic
- Illustrations on Canvas: Advance
- Beginner’s Guide to Sketching And Basic Illustrations
- Charcoal Sketching
- and more
How can you become a Creator on TagMango?
Easy! Simply sign up on the platform, and start creating workshops and courses.
- It takes 120 seconds to create a workshop
- A few minutes to build customised landing pages
- A few minutes to build pre-recorded courses complete with sections, chapters and resources.
But why TagMango?
The edge that TagMango art Creators get is that we have made a robust product equipped with handy features that maximise a Creator’s earnings but minimise their effort in doing so!
We ensure that our Creators don’t have to lose a sweat thinking about making money through any algorithm or brands.
Our top features are:
- Mango builder – A creator’s offerings are called Mangoes. Mango can be readied in seconds.
- Landing Page Builder – Build professionally looking websites that can be readied in 10 mins.
- Courses – Creators can make full-fledged courses, complete with sections, chapters, resources and a lot more.
- Integrated Chat System and Video Calling Feature – Creators can interact with their subscribers via chat or a group video call and even promote peer-to-peer communication, right in the platform itself.
- Unique Upsell Feature – Create upsells, add discounts and sell premium offerings during live workshops! Subscribers can buy it directly on the call without toggling windows.
- Marketing Tools – With our Marketing section, a Creator can launch various Email and WhatsApp campaigns, offer discounts through coupon codes and manage the generated leads.
- One-click payment feature – Creators can directly withdraw their earnings with a single click. No hassles.
That’s not all, there are more features and tools that a Sketch Artist is using to scale their earnings. We firmly believe in fostering an environment in which Creators can solely focus on letting their creativity flow and leaving the rest for us to take care of!
What we are building is a shop for Creators to host their live, pre-recorded workshops and courses. You have full control over what you create, what you sell, and even when you can withdraw their earnings. The platform also enables you to have a bird’s eye view and in-depth view of your mangoes, earnings, profile visits, and a lot more.
So, what are you waiting for?
Come join the coterie of sketch art creators and monetise your skill-set! Sign up!
Think Monetisation, Think TagMango!
Why Are So Many Art Creators Coming Up & How To Start Making Art-Related Content?
Here’s How A Resin Artist Can Sell Workshops And Courses On TagMango
What Does TagMango ACTUALLY Do?
Create A Workshop From Scratch On TagMango In 120 seconds!
How To Build Courses On TagMango?
How To Launch Email Marketing & WhatsApp Campaigns On TagMango?
Written by Rachna Srivastava