Hello Creators, how is it going? Instagram recently released a slew of updates, right from pinning the DMs to translation in DMs. But what has caught our fancy the most is that it now allows you to add Reminder to post. Yes, Creators, you can now add reminders for an upcoming event right to your feed posts.
This option is available for Creators and Brands alike, so yeah, that means that you need to have a Professional Account to access this feature.
Why is it a great feature?
It is a great way for you to engage with your audience and also to build excitement around a certain event. It can be an upcoming show premiere or a game or a concert or a masterclass or any event you may have in mind, you can remind your followers (and yourself) of the said event.
How do I add a Reminder?
It is easy-peasy, mango-squeezy. But for clarity’s sake we are telling you how to add reminder to your post, step-by-step:
- Open Instagram
- Go to create a new Instagram feed post.
- Under the New Post, you will see “Add Reminder”, tap on it.
- Set your Event title, date and start time. You can choose your End Time, but that’s totally optional.
- When all is done, just tap on “Share”. And voila! It is created.
What are the things to note about the Reminder feature?
There are a few things you need to know about the feature:
- You must create the reminder post a minimum of 1 hour before and a maximum of 3 months (90 days) before the event.
- The event time will by default be set in the time zone of the device on which the post is created. But, don’t worry; people will be able to see it in their corresponding local time zone.
- You cannot turn a post with a reminder on it into an ad.
- In order for your fans to receive reminders for your event, they need to tap on the bell icon at the bottom left corner of the feed post to opt-in.
- You can share the post with a reminder on it to your Stories.
- Once you have added a post with a reminder on it, you can also create additional posts with the same reminder for the same event. To do so, tap on ”Add Reminder” and select an existing event from the list.
- If you wish to edit or delete the reminder, you can do that by tapping on the right corner of the post under “Edit” and do it.
What does it mean for Creators on TagMango?
Well, you can easily create more buzz around your Mango on Instagram and use the feature to remind your followers to sign up and attend your workshop or masterclass you are hosting on TagMango. You can then even add it to your Stories. It is certainly a fun way to engage with your audience. Sounds exciting, right?
Then, go what you do best: Create!
Written by Rachna Srivastava
Information Source: Instagram