Social networks are revolutionizing the entire globe! Everything is available online, from newspapers to novels, tutorials to recipes, spirituality to fiction, tickets to food, and needles to the airplane. As of 2022, there are over 133+ social media sites to choose from! Consequently, leading to a nerve-wracking dilemma of whether to choose one, two, three, or every possible network for content creation.
Overview of the Leading Social Media Platforms
The creator economy is so vast that it generally creates a perception of easy-going and hassle-free-subscriber gain schemes. But it is not! Social network content creators invest time brainstorming and researching to offer solid and apt content for users and consumers. It is the ONLY way to gain unique users and subscribers and maintains your sustainability in this wide-open yet cut-throat competitive creator economy.
First thing first.
As a content creator, one should be clear about your niche. This will help you better understand which social network will best suit your interest and gain the right target audience. Ask questions to yourself, like:
● What is your goal?
Formulate specific, reachable, and justifiable goals that you want to achieve from your presence on social networks. It could be brand awareness, recognition, education, or even retention and customer loyalty for brands. Netflix uses its Twitter handle to resolve customer issues!
● What kind of content do you want to create?
Since all of the available social media platforms deliver and offer varied content formats, it would be best to have a clear notion of what you want to create. For example, if you want to create 10-15 minutes of tutorial videos, YouTube could be a better option than Instagram. Your content’s length, format, and genre should be directly related to your social media choice.
● Who is your target audience?
Different social media platforms serve different target audiences and attract distinguished users. In general, media sites offer native audience insights tools to help you understand the platform’s user base. For example, business people prefer LinkedIn over Facebook for formal announcements and interaction. LinkedIn is positioned as a formal/business social media platform for formal interactions. As a content creator, if your target audience is well defined, it helps you segment and create unique and apt content that resonates with them.
● What is your knowledge level?
This, again, is an important parameter. Say you are a code developer by profession and have an excellent hold on this topic. You wish to share your coding techniques or showcase your skills. In this scenario, you can create posts/short videos and upload them on LinkedIn, Facebook, or even Instagram. But if you are comfortable teaching them or offering tutorials/consultations, Youtube would do better justice.
● How much time do you want to invest in this?
About the above points, by now, you should have understood that time would play a more significant role in your social media selection. A simple post on an everyday basis would require only 15-20 minutes. However, suppose you wish to upload a 15-minute YouTube tutorial. In that case, it will take more than a day of research, recording, editing, and uploading! So choose wisely on your time investment and commitment.
Your content can find applicability across more than one platform to be accurate. However, we recommend you select the best first and try it on. Remember that each social media platform serves a different target audience, genre, and purpose. A suitable choice can help your brand be highly positioned with critical messages to your target audience. This, in turn, will bring better leads and brand recognition with lesser efforts.
Pros and Cons of Some of the Most Loved Social Media Platforms
Basic steps to start your digital journey with any Social Network
The first small steps of being a digital content creator should mandatorily include the following:
- Optimize your page: Always get SEO optimized regardless of which social media platform you choose. This is the only way to gain the best reach for your content to the right searches by consumers.
- Set up your monetization funnel: With every platform, the monetization scheme differentiates. It is crucial that one closely understands and reads these schemes and makes their decision.
- Content Calendar: Decide upon the frequency of your content post. Also, if you are available on multiple platforms, it’s better to create a calendar for synchronized content publishing. It also helps in brainstorming, rescheduling if required, and tracking results.
- Consistent approach: Once you have decided your niche, social media platform, and scheme and have curated your connect calendar, follow it religiously. Be consistent in your approach and content publishing.
Choose wisely and reap better benefits!